Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Worst Diet in the World; follow-up

I've been fully recovered from a while now from my bout with doxycycline induced esophagitis (see previous post). It ended up being about a week of being seriously ill, then another week or so of needing to be really careful of what I ate, as lots of things still caused pain on swallowing.

I had written a letter of complaint to Rite Aid about their policy at the pharmacy of not asking if you wanted to speak to a pharmacist (see my earlier post for details). About a week after that, I got a call from a pharmacist who worked at Rite Aid. He could have been a little more gracious, but he did apologize for the whole episode. Interestingly enough, it turns out supposedly they are supposed to ask you if you'd like to speak to a pharmacist. As a matter of fact, it's a legal requirement.

He also said I'd be receiving a gift card from Rite Aid. Haven't gotten it yet, and it's been more than a month. Humph.

No comments: