Sunday, May 13, 2007

I'm a sucker for self-improvement

I'm a huge consumer of self-improvement books, and websites and blogs. I don't buy a lot of self-improvement books, but I do get lots and lots from the library. My thoughts about this are two-fold:

1. It's great that I'm interested in self-improvement, making changes, making things better. And honestly, I'm not a slacker in that regard - I'm pretty good at the basics.

2. Seriously - enough of the reading already! Making one substantive change in habits, discipline, etc., would be much better than to read 5 books on how to be more efficient.

I'm a really fast reader, and it doesn't take me long at all to zip through some of these self-improvement books. But I should focus more on actually doing things rather than reading about them.

No comments: