Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The importance of getting feedback from customers

We took a cruise over the Christmas holidays on Royal Caribbean. It was enjoyable, but could have been more so. Quite a few times during the cruise I wished that there was a suggestion box somewhere, where I could give some feedback on what I liked, and what I didn't like. There was actually a customer survey form given out at the end, that you were supposed to fill out before you left the ship, but by that time (it was a 10 day cruise) I had forgotten what the original issues were, and I wasn't necessarily motivated to fill out another form. So, I left it laying on the bed.

Too bad for Royal Caribbean. Feedback from customers is incredibly important, and they were neglecting that important resource.

I have a lot more thoughts on the whole topic of establishing and maintaining a feedback loop with customers (or employees, too). From what I've seen, it's grossly undervalued. I'll be trying to make my thoughts more cogent and writing them up soon.

No comments: