Saturday, May 02, 2020

Kayaking on Phantom Lake and Stickyweed

Thank goodness Jean and I got out on the kayaks yesterday, because today (Saturday) the weather is cloudy and rainy. We met up with Ilana (on her kayak), and did a circumnavigation of Phantom Lake. 

I'm loving my new, easy-assembly folding kayak - the Inlet.


Getting some vitamin D - very important in avoiding respiratory infections, apparently!




A walk around the Coal Creek area again. I had planned to do some fixing of the trails, but there were so many people around that I didn't feel like it. Found this interesting old piece of iron. 



Thanks to the Google Lens app, I found out that this plant is Stickyweed, Galium aparine. Used by kids to make natural "camo" for their clothing, because it has burrs and sticks to everything. And also used to stuff mattresses in former times.








No comments: