Sunday, March 26, 2006

Grass is greener syndrome

What is it about human beings that causes us to always want what we don't have? I know that our striving for more and seeking improvement is what has caused us, as a species, to do so well. But it doesn't lead to a relaxing life

Specifics - I'm the mother of a two year old, and I also have a part-time job. When I was first thinking about it, this seemed to me the ideal situation. And in general, it does seem pretty good. But now that some of my friends with kids are starting to go back to work full-time, I sometimes run out of friends with kids, for playdates and excursions. And then I start thinking - well, maybe I should just go back to work full-time. At least Kenny would then have playmates there.

So, the grass continually looks a little greener on the other side of the fence.

No comments: