Friday, April 10, 2020

Coronavirus - April 10, 2020

Made nettle soup again this morning. I foraged for them along the trail close to Lewis Creek, where I got them last time. The whole time I was out I was chatting on the phone with Jean. She was exploring the ravine area behind his house to see if there were nettles there.

Here's the nettle soup, I had some for lunch. And the kids had some too - after I told them they'd get an extra half hour of screen time.




The kids and I took a bike ride on the Soos Creek Trail. It's a beautiful bike trail, but too short - we were at the end in a little more than 30 minutes. Normally we'd be biking back, so it would be doubled, but Eric picked us up at the other end, so it was just a one way. And despite the signs saying that the trail is closed unless you're on essential business, there were lots of people around, enjoying the trail.







Other than the nettle soup and bike ride, didn't get much done today. Chatted with Ann on the phone about bread and baking. Planned a little for a longer bike ride, either on the Cedar River Trail (I can't figure out if you can bike along the Cedar River Trail, east of Landsburg Park, on the old rail bed), or perhaps the Iron Horse Trail. That will be a trip for this weekend sometime...

No comments: