Monday, April 20, 2020

Coronavirus quarantine - Kayaking, and some consulting work


I went on another scheduled kayak trip, "with" Jean (she and I were kayaking at the same time, she in Lake Sammamish, and I in Lake Washington.). Worked out well, as before. I really like my new Orukayak. It's definitely not as fast, but so easy to assemble and disassemble that it makes up for it. I put the kayak in at the boat launch right next to Newport Shores. There was already a kayaker there, who gave me the lowdown - free car parking, but there's only 2 spots, so get there early. I went into the Newport Shores neighborhood, the one with canals. Interesting to look at all the houses there. 

Then I kayaked over to the Slough area. There were about 3 kayakers that I saw around there. Apparently the boat launch there is still open, I didn't think it was with all the Light Rail construction

Funny "lighthouse" at the entry to Newport Shores. Very dilapidated, like the house it belonged to.

This house had LOTS of seating. A party house?

Cormorant, sunning itself


Some turtles
Then in the afternoon, 5 solid hours of consulting work. Actually, Trish had contacted me in the morning, asking if I could be there for a 10 am conference call, I said no. There was a lot of stuff to catch up on. I got some good information on deadlock reporting - there's some built-in to SQL, in the later versions. Not a lot of good info on them, though. Maybe I'll write up another "databases are fun" blog post on this deadlock reporting that I'm working on, especially once I have it really going. 

We ordered out for dinner today - 5 guys.I didn't have Eric order anything for me, I stuck with a sandwich at home. 

No comments: