Thursday, April 02, 2020

Coronavirus - April 2 2020

Another day in the busy world of "sheltering-in-place". I'm actually only kidding a little bit. I was fairly busy. Talked to a bunch of people on the phone or via video chat (Jean, Victoria, Cherie, the Somerset Community Association board). Made no-knead bread and coconut cookies.

Did a tiny bit of consulting, I'll do a larger chunk tomorrow (Friday). Reading a book called One Second After, about an EMP strike in the US. I'm in sync with these catastrophe type books - I just finished the Journal of the Plague Year by Daniel Defoe. And The Great Influenza. I'm not one for escapist type fare, that's for sure. I think it's because I feel like I get ideas from these prepper-type books.

Kenny has been playing Grand Theft Auto. The kids both get 1 hour a day, and for extra, I make them "earn" it. One way Kenny can earn is by earning money on Mechanical Turk. He earned 8 dollars today on Mechanical Turk, which earned him 2 extra hours. Peter has been reading the Enders Game book series.

Our walk today was again in the Coal Creek area. Below is the wheels of an old train, grown into a tree trunk.



And I thought this tree, growing out of a dead limb in the middle of the creek, was kind of interesting.

No comments: