Sunday, April 26, 2020

Shopping, Cedar River bike ride, and "strawberry shortcake"

Peter has been talking lately about wanting to be a voice actor. So, I got a few nicer shots of him, sitting up against the stone wall. This is a natural smile - Kenny was making funny faces or something. 



Biking the Cedar River trail. It was pretty popular (although nowhere near crowded) despite the fact that all the parking areas were closed up. We stopped at the stony beach below, and had a snack. I picked up some litter that was scattered there. I think I'll try to make a point of doing that in the future. I put some plastic grocery bags in the daypack I always carry, to make it easy.


On the way home, we stopped at the McDonalds drive-through. Kenny wanted to get his standard pancake meal, but they now have a very limited menu, and that wasn't one of the options. I wonder how many people are still working there...

And this was Peter's project this afternoon. He wanted to make strawberry shortcake, and this is what we were able to make with what was on-hand. Yellow cake mix, half-and-half mixed with pudding powder (to stiffen it up), and then some sliced strawberries on top.


No comments: