Saturday, April 04, 2020

Coronavirus - April 4, 2020

The big news of the day is that Eric, while getting something out of the back seat of the car, wrenched a weird muscle in his right leg, towards the outside of his hip. He's had that pain quite a few times in the past month, but it was always over in about a minute. This time it was far worse, and has stayed that way for hours now.

So, Kenny and Peter and I went for a walk on our own. We did a few loops around Vuecrest, that neighborhood of very expensive houses on the little hill northwest of Bellevue Square. There's still many older houses (maybe from the late 50's?) but many of them have been replaced with huge mansions. They're usually not to my taste, but Kenny really likes them.

Yesterday (Friday) I was planning on working another 5 hours, to round out the 10 hours a week that I'm supposed to work there. But, it turns out that they're only giving me 20 hours a month, which is very little. I'll bet that Siemens is cutting back, because hospitals are cutting back. I read a news article about Virginia Mason furloughing many medical workers. Seems strange, but there are so many procedures not being done, and so many people avoiding hospitals and medical clinics at all cost, that it's understandable.

Also yesterday I had an evening Zoom video call with my local book club. It was fun, some laughs, some advice, talk about fascinating subjects like...grocery shopping! Where to go, where are people "social distancing", what's in stock. Also - what places offer delivery or pickup, etc.

Walking around Vuecrest. We have a tendency now to walk down the middle of the road.




No comments: