Monday, April 27, 2020

Ukulele videos on Youtube, litter pick-up and hair cuts


Before anyone else was up this morning, I made my first ukulele YouTube video. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CCvDTf0XlQ&t=2s

It's very imperfect. Some improvements to make are - either memorize the song, or put the lyrics and chords behind the camera, so it's not so conspicuous when I look at them. And make sure I actually can play the song without stumbling. 

But, it was fun to do, and so easy. I was just thinking about making a video, and wondering idly if I could do it directly through the YouTube app. Turns out that you can - just press the video icon on the main screen, and away you go!

Later on I went out with Jean on a litter-cleanup mission, behind the Walmart next to the Larson Lake blueberry fields. Last time we were there, a couple weeks back, there was loads of litter. This time, we were surprised that there was far less. Somebody must have come by and picked up much of it. But it turned out that if you looked a little more closely, there was still quite a bit of trash to pick up. We ended up mostly filling 2 kitchen-sized grocery bags. And then took a walk.


Then I gave the kids and Eric haircuts. I have almost a professional level setup - I have 2 trimmers, a cape, and a little brush to get the bits of hair off the skin after the haircut, etc. I always do them in the garage, even though it's a little chilly, because there's so much less clean-up. Nobody cares if there's a few stray hairs around.




No comments: