Thursday, April 16, 2020

Coronavirus - April 16, 2020


Went kayaking on my new Orukayak folding kayak today - the Inlet. It's designed to be much easier to assemble, and it is, it's a piece of cake. Not nearly as sea-worthy as my old one, but that's okay. I don't go out in stormy ocean conditions anyway, I just go into lakes and easy rivers. 

I'm not big on kayaking on my own, so the way I did it is that my friend Jean went at the same time. But she put her kayak in at Lake Sammamish. So, we did simultaneous kayaking, not together physically but talking on the phone the whole time. Worked out really well! The weather was absolutely beautiful and sunny. Calm waters, until around 11 or so, when I was almost back at the boat launch. There were very few boats out. 



I liked the looks of this house - simple lines and not very ostentatious, unlike many of the others on the waterfront
I also did some consulting work this morning. My idea for improving performance did not seem to bear much fruit. I need to do more testing, but this may be the wrong avenue of attack.





No comments: