Sunday, April 05, 2020

Coronvirus - April 5, 2020

Another day in Coronavirus land. Eric's hip is now better, but not completely healed. The kids and I went biking up to Samena and back - the same route Kenny did all last summer, when he was a camp counselor there. I wonder what will happen with camps this summer. I love my new bike - a deep light blue, the shifting works very well, and the low gears are low enough for me. I bought it off craigslist about 2 months ago. And we got a new one for Peter just at the beginning of the coronavirus thing, from Facebook marketplace.

Kenny, stopped in the absolute middle of the street to tie his shoe. Yes, there's barely any traffic, but still!

Had a long chat with my mother this morning. I'm calling her about once every other day now. She's having a hard time with the ringer on her phone - it's not loud at all, even though it looks, from what she describes, to be as loud as possible. While I was trying to help her troubleshoot that, Eric was on the phone with our neighbor Dave, helping him with a Zoom call.

I put a bunch more stuff on the Fred Meyers pickup - I did it the right way this time, through the link sent in the original confirmation email. So, hopefully everything will show up. I have a pick-up scheduled for April 9th.

My big goal today was to NOT waste 3 or 4 hours (or more) reading the news. Which I've done, so far. My constraints are that if I want to read news, I need to be walking on the treadmill. I've set up the Block Site extension to prevent my accessing them.

Eric and I took a drive around the area south of here. A few photos below...

Social distancing at the entry to the Target in Renton. They were limiting the number of people in stores.

A sign at Gene Coulon park, about avoiding playgrounds and sports courts.










No comments: